Relationships are hard. I know, I know. You’ve heard that before, and you’ll hear it again because, dammit – it’s true! If you’re lucky enough to find someone you love, you have to realize that things aren’t always going to be romantic picnics, strolls in the park and hot coco in the snow. There will come a time when you need to really work for the relationship and fight for that person. When you’ll need to be in their corner, helping them and supporting them. When you’ll need to chase them down, follow them half way across the world, and serenade them underneath a moonlit sky if needs be.
Love ain’t easy, but nothing worth doing ever is. Here are 10 reasons why you should always fight for the person you love and give them your all, especially when things are tough.
- This could be your “one true love”. Some people are lucky enough to fall in love multiple times in their lifetimes, but there are others who have had one chance at love, and lost it. Don’t always assume that there are “plenty more fish in the sea” because 20 years down the road, you might realize you let “The One” go without so much as a fight.
- Fighting for love could bring you closer together. In life, we only fight for the people we truly think are worth the effort. By fighting, you’re also showing that person how much you care for them, which could result in bringing the two of you closer together.
- You’ll always regret never giving it your all. If you fight, and lose, at least you can walk away secure in the knowledge that you didn’t go down without a fight. But if you don’t fight, you’ll always wonder “what if?” Don’t live your life with regrets, and fight for the person you love while you can.
- It won’t necessarily be all that hard. Fighting for the person you love doesn’t necessarily have to be an arduous and difficult struggle. Sometimes all you need to do is try a little harder, and when they see the strength of your love, the relationship will fall back into place.
- You’ll learn just how strong your connection is. If the person responds to your attempts to fight for them positively, then you know that they share your feelings. If they run away, then you know that they may not return the feelings that you have for them.
- Moving on from the relationship will be harder if you don’t. You might fight for the one you love, and you may lose that fight, but at least you’ll know that you did your best. This will mean that your wounds will heal more easily, and you’ll be able to move on from the relationship faster.
- If you don’t stand for something (or someone!), you’ll fall for anything. It’s important to learn how to stand your ground in order to survive and thrive in this world, and fighting for the person you love is a great way to learn how to do this.
- You’ll grow as a person. You’ll learn how to compromise, have open dialogue, and listen intently by fighting for the person you love.
- If you aren’t willing to fight for it, then you clearly don’t want it enough. And those feelings should tell you all you need to know about your failed relationship with that person. Maybe it wasn’t really love? Maybe there were problems that you didn’t even see? With this knowledge, you can re-examine what it is you’re looking for.
- What do you really have to lose? The worst case scenario, is that you lose the one you love. But isn’t it better to have love and lost, than never to have loved at all?