The bad boys get you every time — they’ve got bad attitudes, they don’t GAF about much of anything at all, and they’re hot as hell. Sooner or later, though, you have to grow up though and find a grown guy who’s actually good for you. After all, putting up with all that bad boy BS will seriously screw you over in the long run.
- The first step really is admitting there are problems. You can act like everything is all good and dandy with your bad boy fling, but deep down, you know the truth. You brush away the problems because you’re sure it could be worse. You’ve convinced yourself that life with an unhealthy relationship is better than having no relationship at all. It’s tragic.
- Ignoring the signs doesn’t make you innocent. You’re not just a bystander — you’re participating in your own heartbreak. He lies, schemes, cheats and generally treats you like crap, but you just continue to make excuses and justify his asinine behavior. You’re an enabler and in the end, it’s you who’s going to pay the price.
- He’s probably never going to change, and you shouldn’t stick around to find out either way. You’re hoping that in the end everything will just work itself out, but that’s naïveté at it’s finest. You downplay every problem and excuse every issue thinking that things will progress naturally, but that’s not how relationships work. If he hasn’t matured by now, he probably never will.
- The bad boys aren’t secretly hiding a good heart. Stop falling for what the movies tell you and face reality — the bad boys aren’t good guys in disguise; they really are just bad boys. His true colors have been right in front of you the whole time. There’s no hidden innocence and he’s not secretly Prince Charming. He’s a bad boy, and that’s all he’ll ever be.
- You’ll kick yourself in the end. You ignored all the bad, on the off chance that everything would wind up peachy. You could have done something. You could have saved yourself the heartbreak, but you didn’t, and now you’re living with the regret. The best thing you can do is know better for next time, because ignoring your intuition is what got you here.
- If you let him walk all over you, he will. Bad boys know how to take advantage of you, so why are you making it so easy? He knows exactly how to play you, so stop falling for his BS and stand up for yourself. Bad boys love to prey on the weak; be strong and let your new-found self-worth guide you.
- You’re ignoring the inevitable. He’s called a bad boy for a reason — he’s just plain bad. No good can come from this, so what’s the point? A leopard doesn’t change his spots. You keep looking for the exception, but what you really need to do is pay attention to the rule. With most bad boys, what you see is what you get, so stop handing out unlimited chances.
- It’s the bad boys who break your heart the hardest. While you were falling head over heels for him, he was busy not giving a damn about you. The bad boy isn’t a nice guy, so he won’t even hesitate before breaking your heart. He isn’t going to let you down easy and he isn’t going to care about the pain he caused. The bad boy is in it for himself — expecting anything more only makes you a fool.