Just because you have initial chemistry doesn’t mean that you’re automatically going to have a deep connection with a guy. Even if you fall head over heels for him, there’s no guarantee that he’s going to reciprocate. So how do you know when he’s emotionally attached to you and your connection goes beyond surface-level? Look for these signs — if you recognize any of them, chances are you’re not alone in your feelings.
- He opens up to you and lets you know him. A guy who keeps you at arm’s length isn’t one who has any plans on getting close to you. However, you know he’s emotionally attached if he’s open and honest with you, letting you get to know the real him beyond the one he shows to the outside world. You feel like you can talk to him about anything and get a sense that he’s comfortable knowing that you would never judge him for anything.
- He makes you feel loved and appreciated. If your connection was only sexual, for instance, he probably wouldn’t care all that much about how you felt outside the bedroom (if there, even). However, a guy who’s emotionally attached feels strongly about building a real, long-lasting connection and knows that ensuring you feel loved and appreciated is part of keeping your relationship evolving and thriving.
- He cares about more than sex. He doesn’t avoid coming over if he knows you have your period and sex isn’t on the cards. He also doesn’t push that kind of intimacy every single time you’re hanging out. You’re able to watch a movie on the couch together without his hand climbing up your thigh or his arm reaching down towards your chest. He’s just as invested in making sure you’re connected emotionally as he is interested in what goes on between the sheets.
- He comes to you for advice and support. One of the biggest signs that the guy is emotionally attached to you is when he makes it clear how much he values your thoughts, feelings, and opinions. He comes to you when he has a problem or he’s feeling confused about something because he knows you’ll give great advice since you know him so well. It’s a pretty special relationship you have.
- He considers you when making decisions. Instead of making big decisions that will affect both of you all on his own, the guy who’s emotionally attached to you will take you into account every step of the way. He would never accept a job out of town or decide to take a job that would mean he works nights and you’d never see each other without talking to you first.
- He wants to introduce you to his friends and family. If he didn’t feel emotionally attached to you, he wouldn’t bother to introduce you to the other people in his life that he’s close to. By wanting to make those connections, he’s showing just how much he loves having you in his life (and he plans to keep you there for a long time to come).
- He goes the extra mile for you. Perhaps one of the biggest signs that a guy is emotionally attached to you lies in the things he does rather than the things he says. If he’s always going above and beyond to make your life an easier, happier, more love-filled place, you know you’ve got a good one on your hands.