Maybe you’ve had a rough go in the dating realm, you have trouble getting guys to commit, or you’re constantly feeling like you’re not good enough. But that’s not the case. Maybe you’re the picky one, maybe the timing just isn’t right, or maybe you actually like being on your own. Your single status says nothing about whether or not guys actually want to be with you. You have all of the below traits and because of that, regardless of the fact that you’re single, you’re a total catch.
- Your independence (and your unwillingness to give it up). You’re financially stable, completely comfortable going out to eat by yourself, and don’t need to rely on anyone else every time something goes wrong. You’re resourceful, confident, and fully satisfied doing things for yourself and by yourself. While you may want another person from time to time, you definitely don’t need someone else. You know you’re responsible for your own happiness. How sexy is that?
- Your curiosity about the world around you. You’re cool about pretty much everything. You’re open to new cultures, you’ll try exotic foods, and you’re accepting of people who think differently than you. You try to see things from other people’s point of view and love the feeling of being enlightened by someone else’s perspective. You jump at every opportunity to learn and you’re excited by the unknown. You hardly find anything weird, just… different. People feel comfortable saying things to you knowing they won’t be judged.
- Your positive attitude. You’re a ‘glass half full’ kind of girl. You can find the good in the bad and you always look for the silver lining in less than ideal situations. People gravitate to you and want to be around you because you lift their spirits. Your positivity is contagious.
- Your sense of humor. Whether you’re the one cracking the joke or you understand someone else’s humor, you just love to laugh. People don’t feel like they need to filter themselves with you. You’re okay with vulgar and you can manage crude, but it’s not necessary to get you rolling in the aisles. You can kick back with the guys and fully get their sense of humor without being offended.
- Your compassion for others. You’re the kind of girl who volunteers in a developing country. You give up your weekends to help out in a soup kitchen or walk dogs without a home. You’re the type of person who helps others without being asked. You’re the friend that everyone goes to when they need advice, not because you have the best advice, but because you’re the best empathizer. You stop to drop extra cash in a homeless man’s hat, you buy Girl Guide cookies from the kid knocking on your door, and you go the extra mile when someone needs you. Basically, you care about everyone and want the best for people.
- Your sense of adventure. You’re always looking for new experiences because you want to do and see everything. You’re the first to jump on a spontaneous trip, and you’ll do something that scares the hell out of you just to say you’ve done it. You’re the girl who will pick up and travel alone if no one else wants to go, and the person who will drop everything for a last-minute weekend road trip. You hate staycations and quiet nights in when you know there’s so much to do and see in the world. You’re fun to be around, you’re never boring, and you’re everyone’s go-to for a good time.
- Your drive to be your best self. You don’t sit around and wait for things to come to you. When you want something, you go after it. You have goals and ambition, you make plans, and you’re passionate about what you do. You don’t let others knock you down. And when you fail, you pick yourself right back up and come back tenfold.