I’ve always worn my heart on my sleeve, and everybody knows it. I’m the type to fall too fast and hard (and I’ve been shamed and cautioned about it time and time again), but truthfully, I don’t know any other way to be. It’s scary, but I can’t help but leave the door wide open in the hope that eventually, the right person will come along and find his way in. If you’re the same, don’t worry — there are plenty of benefits of being so emotionally available.
- You’re in tune with your feelings. If you wear your heart on your sleeve, chances are you’ve been hurt before. However, you put yourself out there again and again, because maybe this time will be different. You’re deeply in touch with how you feel (and how you want to feel), so you put it out there and hope for the best. This isn’t to say you’re not still cautious, but you know there’s no reward without risk.
- You’re open and honest about what you want. You don’t believe that dancing around your feelings or or being dishonest about them will help anyone. In fact, you’ve tried it and you know it actually does more harm than good. If you want a relationship, you’ll say it. If you care about him, you’ll say that, too, because not saying it isn’t being true to who you are. If you want to feel love, you’ll put that energy out there.
- You put effort in early on, because you’re not playing a game. You won’t hold out for reciprocation to express your own kindness and caring. You don’t feel like we need to be “earned” by a guy like many women do.. Some of you choose to be cautious, and others choose to be reckless. In the end, it always works out as it should with the right person. You’re willing to gamble.
- Your heart is strong, which is why you put it out there. You’re no stranger to being hurt. Your heart has been worn, stolen, broken, and repaired plenty of times. However, you focus on the fact that it always heals, so you really don’t see why you shouldn’t try your luck again. If you played a slot machine that lost you money, but you eventually won it all back (and then some) every time, why wouldn’t you play?
- You want the beginning to be just as beautiful as the happily ever after. You imagine that one time, the right time when you finally put it out there and it’s actually reciprocated for good. It only takes one right time for your own personal fairy tale to begin to be written, no matter how that story might look to some people. You’re realistic about the approach, though, and you know it’s not going to be a winning situation each time. Eventually, it will be — and those are the stories you’re going to tell your grandkids.
- It all else fails, you’ll be okay. You know through having this mentality and an open gateway to your emotions that no matter what the outcome is, you’re going to be okay. You’re honest with who you are, and how you want to be loved is no different. You might break from time to time, and people will tell us you’re foolish, but the ‘heart on her sleeve’ type is willing to risk her heart temporarily to find the matching sleeve.