A newly engaged woman has sparked a bit of controversy on TikTok by making her future husband sign a contract vowing not to cheat. Chaylene Martinez, from Boise, Idaho, made her fiance put his signature on a legally-binding contract saying he’d pay her bills for life if he ever cheated on her.
- Chaylene is just being smart. As she explained in her now-viral TikTok video: “My fiancé just signed a legal document and we got it notarized that if he cheats on me, he has to pay my bills.” He wouldn’t just be breaking her heart, he’d be screwing himself over financially. “If he cheats on me, he’s screwed,” she adds. “I’m so smart or crazy, I don’t know.”
- Plenty of people were behind the move. As one commenter posted: “You are smart and powerful this is amazing Godspeed.” Another offered her similar praise, writing: “This is by far the smartest thing I’ve ever heard.” Some people even asked to see a copy of the document, presumably so that they could draft their own.
- Chaylene won’t share the contract publicly. While she insists the document exists, Chaylene said it can’t be shared with the general public as it’s “unique to our situation.”
- She does admit to having trust issues, especially around money. While Chaylene’s contract does seem extreme, there’s a reason for it. “I, financially, have been screwed over so many times, and when it comes to money, I get scared and I don’t trust easily,” she explained. “We are now engaged, we’re doing things, financially, together, we’re making accounts together. So we thought it would be a great idea just to make sure that we both make some documents and agreements and sign them together.”
- Chaylene is aware that this wouldn’t stop her fiance from cheating if he wanted to. While she notes that he was happy to add her cheating clause to their financial documents, she knows that anything could happen and wants to protect herself. “I think that it’s super romantic and cheesy and cute. It was just a cute little gesture that he did,” she said. “Guess what, people cheat all the time. And girls waste their time [with cheaters], and time is money.” Can’t argue with that.
Replying to @Jlean don’t come for me i love you all