It seems like more than just chivalry is dead in today’s world. When it comes to men, it sometimes feels like basic human decency is also a thing of the past, because men only put in enough effort to charm a woman’s pants off before moving on to their next empty conquest. Whether you’re just looking for a casual situation or searching for your future husband, you’re going to have to deal with a lot of BS from the another sex.
- Sending passive-aggressive texts when we don’t call/text back quickly enough. Strong women are completely dedicated to our careers and life goals, so we don’t drop everything when a guy texts us. Especially if he texts during work or while we’re in the middle of something important, he can wait until we’re available to talk. If he decides during that time to start sending passive-aggressive texts begging for our attention, any strong woman will simply get turned off and decide not to talk to him at all.
- Sending us unsolicited penis pictures. This one really shouldn’t require explanation. Guys, if we want to see your junk, we’ll ask! Please don’t unexpectedly eye-assault us and expect a favorable response. That’s ridiculously creepy, and a great way to get your phone number and social media accounts blocked quickly.
- Ignoring us on a date. If we agree to go on a date with you, we deserve your attention. If you’d rather play on your phone, text your buddies back about fantasy football, or check out other women during that time, it’s going to piss us off and we’ll never make the mistake of going out with you again. We know that we deserve better.
- Randomly showing up at our home or office when we don’t call or text you. If we haven’t called or made time to see you, it means we aren’t interested in seeing you. If you randomly show up at places we frequent, hoping to “accidentally” bump into us, it’s creepy and makes you look like a stalker. Please refrain from encouraging us to buy a new can of mace or get a permit to carry a concealed gun.
- Hitting on other women right in front of us. There’s absolutely no excuse for this behavior. If we’re kind enough to grace you with our presence, you should respect us enough to at least keep your wandering eyes and thoughts to yourself.
- Making slut-shaming comments about our outfits or trying to pick our outfits for us. Who am I trying to impress with my dress and heels? Myself, that’s who! We don’t care if you think it’s too short or revealing; we wear what we want when we want to wear it because it makes us feel good. If you start a problem over it, we’ll sooner ditch you than our favorite threads.
- Invading our privacy at any point during a relationship. You have absolutely no reason to go through our phones or anything else in our homes, even when the relationship is serious. Relationships require trust, so you have the option to trust us or get out.
- Defending your right to have female friends but freaking out if we have male friends. Double standards are not cool! We have the right to have male friends and you have the right to have female friends. Again, relationships require trust so you have to trust us if you want to hang onto us.