You’ve been through the wringer, but somehow you still believe in love. Your cynical friends think you’re crazy to believe in something that only leads to heartache. Of course, there’s a little proof right there. Something has to make you feel the mind numbing pain of that first real heart break. Okay, so I’m not making a great case for love here.
The thing is, love does exist and giving up on it isn’t going to make you feel better. Don’t believe me? Spend some time around people who haven’t given up hope just yet. They’re much happier, take more risks and just enjoy life more. Kind of makes you want to believe too, doesn’t it.
- You know love exists. If you loved before, then love obviously exists. Just because it didn’t work out this time doesn’t mean it won’t work out with someone else. It’d be great if everything worked out like a movie, but it doesn’t. You loved, you lost and you know you’ll love again.
- Loving and being loved makes life worthwhile. What’s the one thing everyone wants most in life? To love and be loved. It’s a shared goal throughout the world. The relationships we have are what make life worthwhile. Whether it’s from family, friends or significant other, love is what makes our lives complete.
- There are already people who love you. Love isn’t exclusive to dating or marriage. You love your parents, siblings and friends. They love you, too. If that love exists, then it’s easy to believe in love with a partner. Love is already all around you.
- You’re still capable of love. If you’re still able to love others, then others are able to love you. As long as you still feel it, you still have a good reason to believe in love. Just keep believing that others will love you too.
- You know several happy couples. So what if it hasn’t happened to you just yet? All the happy couples around you are proof enough that love is alive and well. It’s hard not to believe when you see couples who’ve been happily married for 50 or 60 years or even that new couple that can’t stand to be apart.
- Innocence makes you believe. Watching how easy kids and even pets trust and love melts your heart. The main reason any of us stop believing is that we’ve been hurt. Kids and pets don’t care. They still believe in the good and it reminds you to do the same.
- Love equals strength, not naivety. You might get called naive for believing in love, but those people just don’t understand. Believing in love means you’re strong. You’ve been hurt, but it just makes you stronger. You know what love is, but you know it’s something you can’t live without.
- Your heart has been broken (and still hurts sometimes). If you’d stopped believing love was real, your heart wouldn’t hurt anymore. The memories and emotions remain long after the relationship is over. It sucks, but it’s a reminder that love is real and you still want it.
- You still love a good romance movie. You can’t watch romance movies unless you believe in them. It’s just not the same. You love watching two people go through hell and back to get together. It reminds you that this could happen to you one day. You just have to be patient.
- True love means hard work. Many people push love to the side when it doesn’t immediately work out. You believe because you know love isn’t easy. It takes hard work. You’re more than willing to put in the effort. You’re just waiting for the right person who’ll put in just as much work as you.
- The radio says it’s so. Turn on a random radio station sometime (not a custom streaming station). You can’t escape all the songs about falling in love, losing love and wishing for love. This many songs couldn’t possible exist unless love existed too. You love all the sappy songs and it just keeps the faith alive.
- The best moments in life include love. Thinking back over your life, you realize that some of your favorite moments have all been as a result of love. Maybe it was your mom helping you through your first breakup and you discovering she could be your friend and not just your mom. It might have been going on a road trip with your two best friends. No matter what it was, those moments mean so much to you because they were with people you loved.
- It gives you something to believe in. When you lose all hope and have nothing to believe in, that’s when you truly feel alone. Why let go of the belief in love? It gives you something to hold on to even in your darkest moments. We all need something to believe in. Why not love?
Don’t listen to all those who’ve stopped believing. You still believe in love and eventually those other people will see just how wise you are.