While traditional charcuterie boards are full of savory snacks like meats, cheeses, and crackers, creative foodies have been putting a sweeter spin on things that are too delicious to resist. Candy charcuterie boards were great, but things have now been taken up a notch with hot chocolate charcuterie boards that are the perfect wintry treat.
- Who doesn’t love hot chocolate? When the weather gets cold, all you want is a little comfort, and what’s more comforting than a steaming cup of hot chocolate topped with loads of whipped cream and marshmallows? Hot chocolate charcuterie boards take that to the extreme with every topping you could imagine.
- It looks so pretty! Maybe it’s just me, but there’s nothing more Insta-worthy than boards full of yummy looking snacks, especially when they’re pretty colors like pink and white. What can I say? I’m simple-minded!
- It’s totally customizable, which is a lot of fun. One of the best things about charcuterie boards is that while there may be certain foods that tend to appear on them, there’s nothing stopping you from going crazy and adding all YOUR favorite things on there. Hot chocolate charcuterie boards are no exception. Sure, you need marshmallows and chocolate bits, but beyond that, it’s all down to you.
- It doesn’t even take much preparation. Other than buying the supplies and a board to put them on, there’s not much work that goes into hot chocolate charcuterie boards. Of course, you’ll want to get your artsy hat on so that you can make it look pretty and all, but it’s pretty low-key!
- This is the perfect thing for the holidays. If you have family or friends coming over (socially distanced or safely, of course!), imagine how much they’d love a hot chocolate charcuterie board? Everyone can step up and make their own delicious drink that’s totally over the top. Plus, because it’s so hands-on, it’s great for adults and kids alike. In other words, you really can’t lose with this.