Successful relationships require effort on both sides, but should you really have to work to keep a guy interested in you, or should it be more natural? At the end of the day, you can never force feelings that aren’t there, and if you feel like you running yourself into the ground trying to keep his attention or maintain his attraction, you need to remember these important things.
- Relationships can get boring and stagnant. It’s normal for the flame to flicker out and for things to get a little more uneventful the longer you’re with someone. Sadly, when a relationship gets boring, couples can lose interest in each other. To improve your dynamic, let go of your everyday routine as a couple and together plan a new routine. A routine that will create happier memories and more fun. When couples have fun and laugh together, they’re more likely to stay together. You want to be with someone you can build and share memories with, so get out there and make them.
- Work on yourself to keep yourself happy. It’s understandable that you want your partner to be just as attracted to you as he was when you first met. However, going out of your way to try and keep things hot and heavy is counterintuitive. If you concentrate on impressing him, you’ll eventually forget about your own happiness. Men are naturally interested in confident women and the best way to feel confident is to work on your own happiness. Work on being the best version of yourself and living life for you. The rest will come naturally (and if it doesn’t, it’s not meant to be).
- It’s a joint effort to have a happy relationship. If you and your partner are in a happy relationship, there’s no need to worry about keeping him interested in you. The focus doesn’t need to be on constantly trying to be the most impressive version of yourself 24/7. The focus should be on supporting each other’s growth and achieving goals together. Supporting each other and having a vision you are both working towards creates a stronger bond and unit between the two of you.
- Being yourself is the best way to keep someone interested. The best type of relationship is an unconditional relationship in which his love for you doesn’t change regardless of if you have a bad day or you’re not wearing makeup or you gain a few pounds. You want to have someone who’s attracted to you when you haven’t tried to impress them. Relationships are so much easier when you can be unapologetically yourself and be comfortable with looking natural because you know your partner loves you for being you.
- Couples should work on being more transparent with each other. When couples are more transparent with each other about their desires, it takes the pressure off trying to keep your partner interested. That stress shouldn’t be there in any healthy relationship. It should just be natural. If you feel like you want to make your partner’s desires a reality and you are happy to do so, that’s fine. However, you should never feel like you have to do things you’re uncomfortable or be someone you’re not just for his sake. If you feel like his attention wanders when you’re not doing these things,
- Impressing your guy once in a while can spice up the relationship. Encouraging more intimacy in your relationship is great for making things feel new. Also, spicing things up in the bedroom spontaneously will keep things interesting in your relationship for a long while. Again, you should never feel like you have to do something you’re not into/not comfortable with for his sake, but being willing to try new things and venture into new territory together can keep things fresh.
- It’s not your job to try and keep him from cheating. It’s not your job to stop your boyfriend from being unfaithful or keep him from falling for someone else. He should be emotionally mature enough to stay committed to the relationship he’s in. It’s okay to impress your partner once in a while, but if you’re feeling like you need to constantly take things to the next level because he has a tendency to be distracted by other women, you have to ask yourself if it’s worth it. Chances are, it’s not.