Ask a guy what his favorite thing is and he’ll probably either say sex or his little mini-me. Believe it or not, guys do love other things, too. If you’ve ever been in a long term relationship, you’ve likely noticed there are a few things guys love almost more than sex. Occasionally, they even love those things more than sex, such as when major sporting events happen. Trust me, lingerie doesn’t even make him bat an eye, let alone get anything up.
So, if you’re not in the mood for sex, try giving your guy one of these things. It might not be quite the same, but he’ll definitely love it Watching sports or TV. Many guys can’t get enough Sports Center. I’m pretty sure those guys would be happy if they lived at a sports bar 23/7. They have to make time for sex, right? For those who aren’t addicted to watching sports, their favorite TV shows are just as bad. Try talking through an episode of his new favorite show and you’ll see what I mean. Want to make him happy? Give him the remote.
- His favorite meal. Every guy has a favorite meal or food. It could be pepperoni pizza or caviar crusted filet mignon. Whatever it might be, he always enjoys it. What can I say? We’re the same way ladies.
- A long massage after a bad day. Who doesn’t love getting a nice deep tissue massage after a crappy day? Of course, guys tend to think of a massage as foreplay, so it’s no wonder it’s one of their favorite things. Don’t be surprised if he ends up taking a nap afterwards instead.
- Getting to cuddle after sex. I know, it doesn’t really sound like something guys would love. Surprisingly enough though, guys love to cuddle. They’ll usually avoid it unless they’re in a relationship so they don’t get too close to someone they’re just hooking up with. But if you’re in a serious relationship, go ahead and give him some cuddle time.
- Hearing “I love you” from the woman he loves. Guys do have a sentimental side, they just don’t want us to know. When a guy loves you, he wants to know you feel the same way. Hearing you say those three little words is priceless. Don’t underestimate the power of telling him you love him once in a while.
- Peace and quiet. Everyone loves to just unwind for a few minutes, and guys are no exception. They love getting five minutes of peace and quiet somewhere during the day. What do they do with it? Whatever they want. That’s the whole point.
- Going out with the guys (without any drama). So you think your guy just dropped all his friends because he loves you so much? Probably not so. Guys enjoy going out with their friends sometimes. They just hate the 20 questions and all the drama that comes from their girlfriends getting jealous or feeling insecure. Trust your guy to go out, have fun, be faithful and come back home. If you can’t trust him, you need to find a new guy.
- Waking up next to you. You probably freak out the first time you sleep with a guy and wake up with runny mascara, disheveled hair and morning breath. To him, it’s the most wonderful thing in the world at that moment. No matter how horrible you think it is, he thinks you’re beautiful and he feels just a little proud that you’re waking up next to him.
- Hearing how hot he is. Guys love compliments, too. They just don’t ask from them quite like women do. Imagine if your guy never told you how beautiful you looked. You’d feel a little insecure about your looks. Give him a boost and tell him how incredibly hot you think he is. It’s even better if you do it outside the bedroom too.
- Receiving a random gift. We all like getting a random gift. It doesn’t have to be expensive. It could be a t-shirt with his favorite band or superhero. It could even be a weekend getaway. Just do something nice for him sometimes.
- Making you laugh. Guys love it when they can make women laugh. It makes them feel more manly. Plus, they think if you’re laughing, you’re interested. Who cares if he just made the world’s corniest joke? Go ahead and laugh if you think it’s funny. He’ll definitely appreciate it.
- Doing absolutely nothing. Okay, so women love this too. Wouldn’t it be great to spend a day with no responsibilities, just relaxing in bed? Guys enjoy taking a day now and again to just lounge around, doing nothing.
- Playing with his toys. No, not those kind of toys. I’m talking about video games, cars, mobile devices, etc. Guys might look like grown men, but there’s still a little boy inside that loves to play with toys. Make him even happier by playing too.
- Not having to make decisions. Guys are usually the ones who have to make the big decisions. It’s just the way our society is. This means they always feel pressured to try and make the right choices. Take the lead sometimes and decide where to go to dinner or what to do over the weekend. He’ll love getting a break.
- Being taken out on a date. Women aren’t the only ones who like to be wined and dined. Guys enjoy it when a woman takes him out on a date. Treat him to a nice meal and movie once in a while.
- Being asked about his day. It’s something so simple, but many of us never think to ask about our guy’s day. We just assume he’ll tell us if anything interesting happened. Most of the time, he just stays quiet and listens to your day. Make time to ask how his day went. It’ll mean a lot and give him a chance to talk.
Surprised by some of these things guys love? See, guys aren’t quite as complicated as you thought. They love the simple things in life and sometimes they love them almost as much as sex.